Bonding after a long day at work.
Both of my parents work full-time which is why I go to daycare. Yet my mommy and daddy always come and visit me during their lunch break! It’s important to spend quality time together!
Last night my parents and I went to the beach to simply watch the world go by! These nights are wonderful because they are always filled with laughter and lots of love!
Below are a few tips for making the most of the precious hours you have with your little ones and greatly enhancing your quality of life.
- Enjoy the Ride: We have quite a commute to work (about 35min) and instead of just listening to the radio we try to bond with each other during the car ride. We play games, like “I spy” or we sing together!
- Plan an Activity Each Night: My parents work until 5:00 PM and instead of sitting on the couch after work they plan activities we will all enjoy together! My mommy structures our nights nicely so we can maximize our family time together; such as going for a walk, going to the park or stay in and play a board game.
- Put the Chores on Hold: After dinner, parents may be tempted to tackle dishes, but I say: Relax and use the extra hour or two to spend with us! You can always clean up once we’re in bed!
- Sit Down to Dinner: Eating together as a family is “oh-so” important! Don’t turn on the TV but instead sit and eat together. Also, make dinner times fun by encouraging us to help you prepare dinner, for instance.
- Read to Us: I could go on and on about books because they’re my passion! I love books – as you might know by now! Reading to us is the easiest way to spend quality time with your tot(s). In addition to fostering our love of reading, you’ll also be creating lasting memories with us! Doesn’t get any better, does it?