Let’s talk about parenthood!
Entering parenthood can be overwhelming but yet it is the most rewarding job on earth, don’t you agree? And even though we don’t quite understand the concept of “parenting” – we do understand one thing: Your love for us, your unconditional love, that is.
I’m grateful for my parents, who not only love me unconditionally, but always manage to put a smile on my face!
Often times parenting can be exhausting too, though. Nowadays, parents have full-time jobs – and yet – still have to do it all!
If you have one of “those” exhausting days please, remember the following below:
- Being a parent is one of the most rewarding jobs on earth and also one of the most challenging.
- Parenthood is a process. Learn to love the process.
- It is sometimes difficult to reconcile the fantasy of what you thought parenthood would be like, and what you thought you would be like as a mother/father, with reality.
- Take care of yourself. If you’re not happy, no one else in the family will be happy either.
- A good parent learns to love their child as he/she is and adjusts their parenting to suit their child.
Last but not least: Don’t take yourself too serious! Laughter is the best medicine, always!